|Project Overview|| Planning Documents
Street reconstruction and installation of a roundabout at the intersection of 7th Avenue and 7th Street.
This will implement a long term traffic management plan for Marion’s core, balancing traffic between 6th and 7th Avenues and creating a more pedestrian-friendly atmosphere in Uptown Marion. The Central Corridor Master Plan was adopted by City Council in 2009.
Physical improvements include new street, roundabout, sidewalk, trail and utilities as well as new street lights and signage.The project is expected to cost approximately $2.9 million. This does not include property acquisitions or building demolition.It is funded through general obligation bonds and a $1 million grant from the Iowa Department of Transportation’s Iowa Clean Air Attainment Program. Individual property owners will not be assessed.
HOW TO DRIVE THE ROUNDABOUT
LATEST PROJECT UPDATE
Date: May 1, 2017
- 140.5 of 120 Working Days have been used (~115% of the time) as of 4.29.17
- ~99% of contract has been completed as of 4.29.17
This Week / Next Week:
Punchlist items are being completed at this time.
Permanent seeding will continue to occur this week.
Open House Presentation:
View the slides that were presented at the public open house on 3.22.16 to understand the phases of the project.
- Pre-construction Meeting: 3.4.16
- Pre-warning Construction Signage: 3.17.16
- Public Open House: 3.22.16
- Groundbreaking Ceremony: 3.28.16
- Traffic Control Install (Weather Permitting): 3.28.16
- Removal of Traffic Signal (Weather Permitting): 3.29.16
- Late Start Date: 4.11.16
- 120 Working Days with $1500/day liquidated damages
- Proposed Completion (Weather Permitting): Fall/Winter 2016
- Prime Contractor: Ricklefs Excavating, Ltd., Anamosa
- Brain Engineering, Cedar Rapids [Construction staking]
- Curtis Contracting, Ely [Trail, sidewalk and driveway concrete]
- E & F Paving, Cedar Rapids [Mainline concrete]
- Trey Electric, Marion [Electrical and lights]
- Advanced Traffic Control, Cedar Rapids [Traffic control]
- L.L. Pelling Co., Inc., North Liberty [HMA Driveway]
- MediaQuest Signs, Cedar Rapids [Commercial Signage]
- Dirt to Turf, Marshalltown [Landscaping]
- Life Time Fence, Cedar Rapids [Fencing]
PROJECT UPDATE ARCHIVE