Before work begins within a subdivision, the Engineering Department reviews the Plan of Improvements and holds a pre-construction meeting with the contractor, subcontractors, Water Department and Engineering Department, but may include the developer, other utility companies or other City departments. Staff provides quality control in the field for storm and sanitary sewers, drain tile, and Portland cement concrete. The City has adopted the latest version of SUDAS (Statewide Design Standards) and utilizes these standards for all subdivisions. Once all public improvements are installed, the City Council will consider accepting the public improvements for the subdivision.
Below is a list of subdivisions currently being reviewed or inspected by the Engineering Department:
- Authors 4th & 5th Additions: 35th Avenue, east of 35th Street (Hemingway Street connection to 35th Avenue)
- Bowman Woods Unit 37: south of East Robins Road, includes Brookfield Drive connection to Cedar Rapids
- Briargate 6th Addition: 35th Avenue and 44th Street
- Bridge Creek 4th Addition: west of Winslow Road, south of Rolling Glen Drive
- Champion Estates 4th Addition: Artesian Road, east of Lucore Road
- Country Club Estates 13th: east side of Irish Drive, south of Lowe Park
- Downing Farm 1st Addition: west side of Alburnett Road, north of East Robins Road
- Downing Farm 2nd Addition: west side of Alburnett Road, north of East Robins Road
- Echo Ridge Estates 2nd Addition: west side of Alburnett Road, north of Echo Hill Road
- First United Methodist Church 1st Addition - 35th Avenue: 35th Avenue west of Hwy 13 and REC Drive extension west of Hwy 13
- Gemstone Estates 4th Addition: Gemstone Road extension, north of Tower Terrace Road, west of Lennon Lane
- Glen Rock Farms 7th Addition: west side of Winslow Road, south of County Home Road
- Prairie Hill 17th Addition: extensions of 50th Street and Prairie Hill Drive to 29th Avenue
- Prairie Trail 2nd Addition: west of Alburnett Road, extensions of Oak Park Trail and Prairie Trail
To view the locations of the subdivisions refer to our Subdivision Development Map.
For information regarding final plat approvals for subdivisions, please refer to the Planning Department's Development Activity page.