The following City of Marion Boards and Commissions are staffed by the Parks and Recreation Department and meet either Lowe Park, 4500 N 10th Street or Thomas Park, 343 Marion Blvd.:
- Marion Park Board
- Meets the second Wednesday of every month at 4:00PM in the Break Room at Thomas Park.
- Marion Arts Council
- Meets the secondTuesday of every month at 5:30PM in the Art Studio at Lowe Park.
- Marion Tree Board
- Meets as needed on the second Wednesday of every month at 7:00AM in the Break Room at Thomas Park.
In addition, the Parks and Recreation Department Staff provide support or sit as members on the following Friends Groups.
- Please contact Jay Kacena 319-377-7709 for additional information.
- Friends of Marion Parks
- Please contact Marjorie Jensen at 319-377-5516 for additional information.
The City of Marion is always seeking volunteers and interested individuals to serve on the numerous commissions, boards and committees. If you are interested in getting involved in your community please complete the Boards & Commissions Application and submit to the City Manager's Office.